Millicent is a magnificent state of the art modern home with the proportions of a classical Georgian country house. With its pillared portico and mellow stone elevations under a pitched roof, Millicent is both hugley impressive and tasteful, blending comfortably with its surroundings. Internally, quality and attention to detail have been prime considerations and are apparent in every aspect of the property whose principal features include:
– Grand reception hall with period style fireplace, shuttered ‘Georgian’ windows, limestone floor, high corniced ceilings, oak and walnut joinery, sweeping staircase, cloaks/wc, lift to all floors, ‘his and her’ studies.
– Elegant drawing room with full height bay window affording garden and country views, ornate corniced ceilings, period style fireplace.
– Stylish dining room with feature period style fireplace and walnut floor.
– Kitchen / breakfast room including an AGA, island work station and breakfast bar, quality range of bespoke furniture with integrated appliances, polished marble surfaces.
– Family dining / sitting area in open plan with kitchen, door to the balcony leading out onto the garden terrace.
– TV / Family room
– Sweeping walnut staircase, framed beautifully under the stunning skylight.
– Superb master suite, with 2 private sitting rooms, 2 bathrooms and 2 dressing rooms.
– Each room enjoying floor to ceiling windows drawing the eye to the dramatic rural views beyond.
– Two spacious guest suites.
– 4 further en suite bedrooms with stairs to mezzanine study / sitting areas.
– All bedrooms have electric, remote controlled curtains or blinds.
In addition to the superbly appointed family and guest accommodation over three floors, Millicent hold a surprise in store in the form of a complete leisure centre on the lower ground floor comprising:
– Party room including bar, sitting area and dance or games floor with door for garden access.
– Gymnasium and Jacuzzi with stairs to outside pool area.
– Billiard room.
– Temperature controlled wine cellar.
– ‘Indian sitting room’, made from original ornate Haveli stone, believed to be 400 years old, featuring a ‘night sky’ LED ceiling display.
– 2 lane ten pin bowling alley with ultra violet illumination.
– Second kitchen, laundry, linen store, plant room and stairs up to garage.
Millicent is approached from a quiet country lane onto a long drive leading to an extensive gravelled forecourt with parking space for numerous vehicles. A linked four car garage includes a staff flat above. Lying mainly to the south and west of the house the grounds include:
– Heated outdoor swimming pool with paved surround, loggia, kitchenette and changing facilities.
– Tennis court.
– Formal par-terre garden to south of house and paved terrace to three sides.
– Areas of mown lawn with further informal lawns and woodland.
– Comprising in total around 40 acres.